Junior Council Program
- The Inland Empire Senate’s Junior Council encourages students to do well in school.
- Awards are given to our junior bowlers for academic achievement, improvement, citizenship and more!
The National Bowling Association, Inc. (TNBA), founded in 1939, promotes sportsmanship, fellowship, and friendship among its members. All persons, bowlers as well as non-bowlers, ages 4-20, are invited to join.*
Over 2,500 youth (nationally), participate in fun and competitive activities of TNBA. Our bowlers compete in both TNBA and USBC youth programs. TNBA offers all junior bowlers the opportunity to participate in handicap and scratch tournaments, at the senate, regional and national levels.
The Inland Empire Senate’s Junior Council schedules USBC SMART Tournaments throughout the season. We offer a wealth of benefits and opportunities, to support our junior members.
JUNIOR PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Membership for the current Bowling Season is as follows: September 1st – August 31st
TNBA membership is open to any youth bowler who has not reached his or her 20th birthday as of August 1st of the current season.
For more information, visit our Facebook page.
All bowlers in the Inland Empire Senate’s Junior Program can earn scholarship dollars, this season! We will have multiple SMART Scholarship Tournaments:
- VIRTUAL Tournaments will be based on your league session score for a specific date at your bowling center.
- “LIVE” Tournaments will encourage all IES Junior Bowlers throughout the Inland Empire Senate to assemble and bowl at the same center on a specified date and time. New members are welcome to join and bowl.
High School Seniors are encouraged to apply for TNBA’s local (Senate) and National level scholarships.
Senate Level Scholarship Opportunity
- Inland Empire Senate Scholarship Fund (IESSF) Information: https://inlandempiresenate.com/scholarship.htm
National Level Scholarship Opportunity
- TNBA, Inc. National Scholarship Information: http://tnbainc.org/junior-scholarshipsawards/
Senate Level “Annual” Training Opportunities
The following coaching clinics will be offered to our members during the current season:
- Learn-to-bowl seminars and lane clinics
- Understanding lanes rules for league and tournament play
National Level “Annual” Training Opportunity
Joint TNBA/USBC International Training Initiative
Since 2009, TNBA youth and certified coaches have had the opportunity to train as “Olympians” at the USBC International Training and Research Center.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to receive “sponsored” world class bowling training, travel, engage in fellowship with other TNBA youth bowlers from around the country, and make new friends. In addition, you will meet and work with PBA, Team USA and other Certified Bowling experts! Eight junior bowlers are selected across the U.S. Opportunities such as this increase the visibility of our TNBA youth.
Dates and times for this Season’s Clinics will be announced in your bowling center and via email communication.
The Junior Council’s personal challenge is for each junior member to complete at least four (4) hours of community service.
Members have until the end of the bowling season (August 1) to submit your Time Log to the Junior Council Director. Awards will be given to those who participate! A good web site to locate volunteer opportunities in your community, based on age and other preferences is: http://www.volunteermatch.org.
In addition, here are some ideas for community service projects you can complete, to earn credit:
- Help your grandparent for a day
- Support our military troops
- Coach for a sport
- Help a neighbor with chores
- Organize and deliver donations for church
- Babysit for free
- Help a senior citizen
- Tutor at church, school or a library
- Pick-up litter Read to someone
- Support a food drive for charity
- Plant a tree
- Help advocate social awareness programs: anti- drugs, alcohol, bullying, violence, etc.
The Junior Bowlers’ Success Statement!
Joy, honor, respect and
Unity will guide and
Nourish my experience
In my TNBA community;
Opening-up my world –
Relating with integrity!
Making a plan and
Executing each step;
My smile’s confident and
Bright, fueled by high
Energy which is focused;
Reaching my goals with
Success in sight!
ARE TNBA’S FUTURE!